Every winter, families who thought they had already witnessed the worst hardship imaginable have to contend with the threat of winter.
Every cold night of winter, a staggering 821 million people will go to bed hungry. That’s one in every nine people.
Each year, winter attacks the world’s most vulnerable. Families forced to flee their homes walk miles in sub- zero temperatures and make perilous sea crossings to find safety. Children and the elderly freeze to death in camps or lose their lives in flimsy tents that catch fire due to unsafe heaters.
But every winter, you come through for the world’s most vulnerable, supporting them with waterproof sheeting, warm clothing, mattresses, food, and heating.
Every winter, you save lives.
In all, your donations last winter helped 116,540 people across seven countries.
- 155,200 litres of heater fuel to displaced Syrians,
- 10,351 people with warm winter clothing in Syria, Palestine, Yemen, and Pakistan,
- 4,581 people with thick winter blankets in Lebanon, Syria, and Somalia,
- 75,150 winter coats to vulnerable people in the UK.
Last winter, you provided:
- blankets, food, and heating fuel to help 18,692 Syrian refugees in Lebanon
- warm winter clothing to over 4,000 people in Palestine
- warm clothes to 250 orphans and their families in Pakistan
- waterproof sheeting and blankets to 1,871 displaced Somali people
- blankets, waterproof sheeting, clothes, stoves and fuel to 11,808 people in Syria
- clothes, mattresses, and blankets to 3,642 newly-displaced people in Yemen.
- warm winter coats to 75,150 vulnerable people in the UK.
We can’t thank you enough for your continued support of the most vulnerable families.
This year, as COVID-19 threatens lives through winter, Human Appeal’s life-saving winter work has never been more vital. It may not seem much but just one warm blanket or nutritious food parcel can be the difference between life or death for a family.
We’ll be distributing warm clothing, food, heating oil, blankets and shelter to support families struggling to survive freezing temperatures, snowstorms, and icy winds in nine countries.