Fasting in Ramadan, long hours or short, should not restrict us from being productive. Being practical in reflection of the teachings of Islam towards both ourselves and others is an opportunity to gain a lot of reward. Whilst our stomachs may be empty, it’s important that we nourish our souls with kind, thoughtful and beneficial actions. To help you achieve these actions, we’ve compiled thirty Ramadan tips that you can carry out daily, below.
1. Make a list of all the people who have wronged you and make the intention to forgive them in this Blessed Month.
The Prophet Muhammad (saw) said, “If any Muslim comes out of Ramadan without gaining forgiveness and goodness, he is a real loser.”
2. Try not saying anything negative for 24hrs. Your life will change!
3. Do one good deed a day, anonymously.
It is reported from Ya'qub al-Makfuf (rh) that Prophet (saw) said: "The sincere person is the one who hides his good deeds just like he hides his evil deeds."
4. Visit the elderly and spend some time with them. They appreciate it more than you will ever know!
The Prophet (saw) said: “Those who do not show mercy to our young ones and do not realise the right of our elders are not from us”. (Sunan Abu Dawud).
5. If you see something harmful on the sidewalk, remove it. It’s considered charity!
6. Surprise a family or friend with a gift. It will increase love between you.
The Prophet (saw), said, “Give each other gifts and you will love each other.”
7. Buy a money box for your children and encourage them to give to charity.
8. Send your family and friends personalised messages. Express gratitude for something positive they have done.
The Prophet (saw) said: “He who does not thank people is unthankful to Allah.” [Abu Dawud]
9. Make Iftar for a family in need.
10. Give salaam to a Muslim you do not know. (Same gender etiquette).
11. Help a sibling with something they are struggling with
“He who is deprived of kindness is deprived of goodness.” [Sahih Muslim]
12. Learn about a Prophet (AS) story you are not familiar with.
13. Memorise a dua from the Quran.
14. Call on Allah by one of His 99 names and attributes you have not used before.
15. Stop what you are doing and make some dua for all the people in your life that have left this world.
16. Make a dua list for Laylat Al Qadr.
17. Seek Laylat Al Qadr in the last 10 nights.
18. Practice the art of speaking good or remaining silent.
“Whoever believes in God and the Last Day should speak a good word or remain silent.” – Prophet (saw)
19. If you have wronged someone seek their forgiveness.
20. Feed the birds by leaving some food and fresh water outside for them.
21. If you are involved in something that may seek the displeasure of Allah. Make it an intention to quit and make dua for it too. It will transform your life, inshallah.
22. Disconnect from all your devices for a fixed time, daily. It will clear your mind traffic.
23. If you are struggling with a family member, talk to them. Try your best to focus on the positive.
24. Get involved with helping out around the house. It’s a Prophetic quality.
Aisha (ra) was asked: “What did the Prophet (PBUH) do in his house?” She replied: “He used to keep himself busy serving his family and when it was the time for prayer he would go for it.”
25. Spouses: make dua for one another and ask Allah to strengthen your bond and remove enmity from your hearts.
26. Sponsor an Orphan this Ramadan. It could be your gateway to being with the Prophet (saw) in Paradise.
The Prophet (saw) said, “The one who cares for an orphan and myself will be together in Paradise like this,” and he held his two fingers together to illustrate.
27. If you are struggling financially, it’s more reason to give!
"Those of you who have faith and spend in Allah’s way will be richly rewarded" [Quran 57:7]
28. Make dua continuously to maximise your Ramadan experience.
29. Recite the Ayat Al Kursi daily. It aids in your protection from harm.
30. Make some food for your neighbours. Allah loves those who do good.
“And whoever believes in God and the Last Day should show hospitality to his neighbour. And whoever believes in God and the Last Day should show hospitality to his guest.”- Prophet (saw)
We pray that we can all benefit from this blessed month greatly and Allah (swt) brings ease and motivation to us to complete as much as we can to gain immense reward.