Help Iraqis to recover
“Who will lend Allah a good loan so that He can increase it many times?” (Qur’an, 2:245)
£80 - Provide a family in Iraq with nutritious iftars for the entire month of Ramadan.
Across Iraq, 4.1 million people need humanitarian help. After years of violence, 2.4 million people need humanitarian help to access their food or livelihoods.
This Ramadan, many families have to resort to desperate extremes, selling what they depend of for their livelihoods - land and businesses – just to be able to buy food and survive.
Be a mercy to an Iraqi family this Ramadan, providing a nutritious food parcel to help them to eat well throughout the holy month.
“He is not a believer whose stomach is filled while the neighbour to his side goes hungry.” (Al-Albani)
Our work so far
Human Appeal has been working in Iraq since 2016. In 2021, we scaled back our work as the emergency situation improved, but we still helped over 22,000 people in Iraq, primarily through our Sakina Centre, but also through orphan sponsorship, food security and our winter response. In 2020, as the humanitarian situation was more extreme, we helped over 220,000 people across seven governorates in Iraq.
In 2020 in Iraq, Human Appeal:
• Assisted 667,000 in and around Mosul
• Provided food to 466,000 people.
• Installed 700 innovative Refugee Housing Units to families living in destroyed homes in Nineveh.
• Rehabilitated 30 schools in Mosul in time for the new academic year, allowing 21,000 children to return to school for the first time in three years.
• Provided shelter and other non-food assistance to 214,000 people.
• Provided clean water to 23,000 people during the Battle of Mosul.
• Supplied daily food parcel distributions in Mosul, reaching 360,000 people.
• Delivered core relief items to 125,000 people in Mosul and Nineveh.
• Provided 8,000 of the most vulnerable households with one off $400 cash assistance package over winter.
• Provided 15,000 people in camps outside of Mosul with access to nurses and specialist doctors including, a gynaecologist, paediatrician, psychiatrist and minor surgery consultant.
• Provided 1,850 Syrian refugee families in Gawlian camp in Iraq with daily bread.
Donate a food parcel in Iraq, and provide an entire family with a secure iftar for the entire month of Ramadan.