Senior .NET Developer
Reporting to the Head of Systems and Development, the Senior .NET Developer will be primarily responsible for developing and supporting .NET/C# projects, functions and completing work for Human Appeal in-house systems, projects and miscellaneous tasks while ensuring commitment and quality through to completion. This highly responsible position involves using established work procedures to analyse, design, develop, implement, document, maintain, re-engineer and troubleshoot applications.
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the
- Use Microsoft technologies: C#, ASP.NET, SQL, MVC, and Microsoft Workflow to develop technical solutions to complex problems that require close collaboration with HA employees, contractors and outsourced development service providers.
- Design, code, test, debug and document software according to the functional requirements
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Design and develop testing and maintenance procedures and activities.
- Develop, maintain and support programs/tools for internal and external stakeholders
- Analyse, diagnose and resolve errors related to their applications
- Help define project plans requiring software development and hardware installations
- Provide technical and project management expertise across multiple areas of application development
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Investigate operational or systematic problems and user queries as required
- Follow all department standards and methodologies
- Interact and communicate effectively with all levels of staff, senior management and stakeholders, understand their requirements clearly, and translate those requirements into software that prioritises user experience.
- Work closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Report progress against the project plan.
- Mentor junior development resources.
- Able to work some flexible hours, as required by the Head of Systems and Development, to meet project deadlines.
- Maintain and deliver complete project documentation in clear and comprehensive manner.
- Work with a disciplined change management and application management environment
- Research and evaluate software related technologies and products.
- Must adhere to the charities policies and procedures, e.g. Health & Safety at Work, Freedom of Information Act 2000, Data Protection Act 1998, Equal Opportunities, Company Handbook, Quality Management System, Investor in People etc. at all times
- Will respect the confidentiality of all matters relating to their employment and other members of staff
- To demonstrate on-going professional development through reflective practice and participation in internal and external development opportunities as evidenced in a Continuing Professional Development portfolio
- To participate in the appraisal process and ensure that agreed objectives are achieved, taking responsibility for directing own learning and development activities (e.g. private study, e-learning)
- To attend and contribute positively to meetings, conferences and training courses as agreed with the line manager
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, directors and the general public
- Assist staff in other departments and regions as required in order to facilitate the work of the charity
- Other duties as per the request of Head of Mission or Operations Manager in the interest of the organisation objectives
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Any other task and duties assigned by the Head of Systems and Development.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of Degree in the relevant field or equivalent.
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience of using .NET development
- Excellent C# .Net experience.
- A good understanding of SQL Servers
- A solid understanding of OOP principles
- Ability to write clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Inter-personal skills
- A flexible approach and ability to adapt
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to work under stressful and challenging environment.
How to apply
Please apply before the closing date by sending your CV and covering letter via email to: email@example.com
Note: If you do not hear back from us within four weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has not progressed to the next stage of the application process.