Regional Fundraising Officer (London)
Identifying and managing regional campaigns and ensuring regional fundraising activities are undertaken to contribute towards the organisations strategy and growth.
Working alongside the central office and Director of Fundraising and Communications, this role requires a hands-on activist approach to fundraising. Exploring new innovative fundraising opportunities as well as more traditional events, exhibitions, conferences and dinners.
Include but not limited to:
- To wholly adhere to the fundraising code of conduct.
- Developing, nurturing and maintaining relationships with current/potential donors, charity partners, organisations and businesses, in the region.
- To event manage various fundraising activities including dinners, concerts, speaker tours and conferences.
- Being the main point of contact for the relationship between local organisations and HAI in the region. This will involve negotiating agreements, co-ordinating events, providing assistance / branding materials and liaising closely with the central Fundraising Department as required.
- Implementing the HAI volunteer strategy in the region. This will include but is not limited to organising events for recruitment, providing training and relevant HAI materials, collecting funds and providing formal feedback to the central Volunteer Officer.
- To achieve, manage and grow a network of volunteers to compliment the work.
- Liaising with and providing support to fundraising colleagues.
- Fundraising support as and when required during Ramadan, Living Islam and other key events in the Fundraising calendar.
- To help identify and manage regular and emergency campaigns that can be carried out in the region.
- To ensure regular local activities are undertaken to keep the charity in the public eye.
- To develop new fundraising opportunities such as events, exhibitions, conferences and partnerships in the region.
- To help grow the donor database of the charity
- To assist in and contribute towards the development, maintenance and delivery of the charity’s fundraising plan in the region.
- Must adhere to the charities policies and procedures, e.g. Health & Safety at Work, Freedom of Information Act 2000, Data Protection Act 1998, Equal Opportunities, Company Handbook, Quality Management System, Investor in People etc. at all times
- Will respect the confidentiality of all matters relating to their employment and other members of staff
- To demonstrate on-going professional development through reflective practice and participation in internal and external development opportunities as evidenced in a Continuing Professional Development portfolio
- To participate in the appraisal process and ensure that agreed objectives are achieved, taking responsibility for directing own learning and development activities (e.g. private study, e-learning)
- To attend and contribute positively to meetings, conferences and training courses as agreed with the line manager
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, directors and the general public
- Assist staff in other departments and regions as required in order to facilitate the work of the charity
- Other duties as per the request of the Finance and Operations Director in the interest of the organisation objectives
- Commitment to community and social development values.
- Ability to travel.
Qualifications and Requirements
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder.
- Proven track record in fundraising.
- Proven track record of supporting fundraising events and activities.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritise work to deadlines.
- Flexible working approach.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft products.
- Voluntary sector and charitable giving.
- Knowledge of Islamic charitable giving e.g. Zakat, Qurbani, Waqf, Fitrana, Fidya etc.
- Gift Aid knowledge.
- Knowledge of additional languages such as Arabic / Urdu/Bengali & Gujarati.
- Other relevant Fundraising qualification.
- Member of the professional body of Institute of fundraising.
- Other Professional fundraising qualification.
- GCSEs or equivalent.
- Further education.
How to Apply
Please apply before the closing date by sending your CV and covering letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: if you fail to hear back from us within 8 weeks please assume your application has been unsuccessful.