Programs Coordinator – Operations
The PC is an enthusiastic self-starter with experience of developing and supporting programs and efficient operational coordination. He/She will liaise with the Programs staff at HQ, field/regional offices and partners to contribute to and streamline operational activities. Areas of responsibility will include and not be limited to managing field visits, coordinating and managing staff security, assisting with HR planning and ensuring the streamlining of our policies and processes. He/she will also maintain records/documentation of existing and new field offices/partners (including governance) and be responsible of all new registrations. There will be close collaboration with other shared services functions and the programmes central team itself.
- Assume the role of an operational coordinator, more specifically for security management and ensuring all training and security activities, documents and follow up are in place in a timely manner. Develop, rollout and continuously update the security handbook and policies for Human Appeal HQ (and country offices).
- Coordinate all trips by HA staff from HQ. This will include collating all signed documents essential before anyone travels to the field and liaise with the field office in drafting of schedules etc.
- Operational management of all European offices i.e. ensuring all processes are in line with HQ etc. whilst ensuring local and UK legal compliance. Liaise with European and other regional offices when necessary.
- International Human Resource contract development and coordination of new international recruitments whilst ensuring local and UK legal compliance.
- Develop efficient systems for Knowledge and information management for the Programs department, to be shared with other Programs and other departments when required.
- Maintain records/documentation of existing and new field offices/partners as well as assist in the collation and roll out of appropriate processes and policies (due diligence, programmes workflows) in line with ISO standards.
- Take the lead in registrations abroad, which will include development, collation and notarisation of all necessary documentation. This will also include coordination with a partner office or consultant assisting in registration in the field.
- Assists the Program Manager and HoP in developing operational departmental work plans, monitoring progress against milestones and key decisions.
- To ensure overseas offices and projects receive the best operational support possible from Programmes at Human Appeal UK.
- Must adhere to the charities policies and procedures, e.g. Health & Safety at Work, Freedom of Information Act 2000, Data Protection Act 1998, Equal Opportunities, Company Handbook, Quality Management System, Investor in People etc. at all times
- Will respect the confidentiality of all matters relating to their employment and other members of staff
- To demonstrate on-going professional development through reflective practice and participation in internal and external development opportunities as evidenced in a Continuing Professional Development portfolio
- To participate in the appraisal process and ensure that agreed objectives are achieved, taking responsibility for directing own learning and development activities (e.g. private study, e-learning)
- To attend and contribute positively to meetings, conferences and training courses as agreed with the line manager
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, directors and the general public
- Assist staff in other departments and regions as required in order to facilitate the work of the charity
- Other duties as per the request of the Finance and Operations Director in the interest of the organisation objectives
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s Degree in International Development, Management or similar degree (Recommended).
- 3+ years of extensive work experience in operationally coordinating/managing departments and programs in development/humanitarian related field; familiarity with HR, security coordination, process mapping etc. is highly desired.
- Project management skills – ability to develop contracts, registration applications and working experience of collating and updating documentation.
- Practical Knowledge of and practice in monitoring and evaluation principles and approaches.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse organisations and stakeholders, with strong spirit of diplomacy and collaboration and the ability to work effectively and with sensitivity across barriers such as language, culture and distance.
- Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, and enthusiasm in a fast-paced environment, as a member of an integrated team.
- Passion for the mission and alignment with core values of the foundation.
- Knowledge of additional languages such as Arabic / Urdu & French is a plus
- Knowledge of Islamic charitable giving e.g. Zakat, Qurbani, Waqf, Fitrana, Fidya etc is desirable.
- Experience of working overseas is highly desirable.
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder
How to apply
Please apply before the closing date by sending your CV and covering letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If you do not hear back from us within four weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has not progressed to the next stage of the application process.