- To manage and maintain a relationship with Mosques, committees and Imaams with a view to fundraising and maintaining a good image of the charity within the community.
- To work closely with the National Mosque Manager in order to deliver the strategic aims and align the Mosques strategy to that of the organisation as whole.
- To represent the organisation at events and prepare / deliver appropriate presentations (including Mosques, communities, ISOCS etc) as needed.
- Ensure a close and professional relationship with Mosques, Imaams and community leaders / representatives in the interest of the charity
- Receiving and processing donations from Mosques, centres and organisations offices and other charities.
- Marketing the projects and campaigns by correspondence, telephone, e-mail, and personal contacts with mosques and centres and organisations.
- Ensure good feedback reports are given to Imams and committee members.
- Ensure on time, professional and appropriate correspondence and feedback to all donors.
- Attending local and national activities to market the organisation’s products.
- Assist staff in other departments as required in order to facilitate the work of the charity.
- Participate in meetings, conferences and team activities.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures as per the company handbook, health and safety requirements Investor in People standard and Quality management system.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers and the general public.
- Other duties as per the request of the CEO/director of fundraising in the interest of the objectives of the organisation.
- Must adhere to the charities policies and procedures, e.g. Health & Safety at Work, Freedom of Information Act 2000, Data Protection Act 1998, Equal Opportunities, Company Handbook, Quality Management System, Investor in People etc. at all times
- Will respect the confidentiality of all matters relating to their employment and other members of staff
- To demonstrate on-going professional development through reflective practice and participation in internal and external development opportunities as evidenced in a Continuing Professional Development portfolio
- To participate in the appraisal process and ensure that agreed objectives are achieved, taking responsibility for directing own learning and development activities (e.g. private study, e-learning)
- To attend and contribute positively to meetings, conferences and training courses as agreed with the line manager
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, directors and the general public
- Assist staff in other departments and regions as required in order to facilitate the work of the charity
- Other duties as per the request of the Finance and Operations Director in the interest of the organisation objectives
How to apply
Please apply before the closing date by sending your CV and covering letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If you do not hear back from us within four weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has not progressed to the next stage of the application process.