Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
This newly created position will ensure the development and implementation of an effective and coordinated MEAL framework and system for the Programmes department. This will include Human Appeal’s emergency response and regular programmes across our countries of operations. The MEAL Coordinator will build the capacity of our technical and support staff as well as partners, and provide specialist advice and support to strengthen respective MEAL mechanisms and contribute effectively to the HAI overall strategic objectives. This includes strengthening accountability mechanisms both at field and partners’ offices levels.
Include but not limited to;
- To lead on further development of Human Appeal’s Monitoring and Evaluation system and processes and ensure its roll out and support to Field and Partner offices.
- To guide programmes and MEAL teams at the field level to design specific processes, methodologies and tools for MEAL (including indicators’ tracking) and reporting in line with HAI standards.
- Support programme staff at the HQ and field levels in timely implementation of monitoring frameworks and tools to ensure quality and consistent information is available on programme performance and impact.
- Identify innovative ways to measure the impact of Human Appeal’s projects.
- Coordinate needs assessments and baseline surveys with partners and field offices to ensure assessment findings are well documented and inform the planning of new projects.
- Coordinate end line surveys, real time evaluations with partners and field offices to ensure learning outcomes and impact are well documented in the reports and incorporated in other project designs
- Work with programme staff to ensure performance indicators and outputs, outcome and impact data are prepared and collected properly in targeted geographic and thematic areas.
- Analyse survey results and other types of data from the field; summarise findings and provide clear learning points.
- Work closely with programmes staff in project planning processes particularly on logic of intervention (development of logical frameworks and MEAL plans) and contribute to ensuring adherence to HAI’s programme quality standards.
- Be responsible for estimating and setting MEAL resources in proposals’ budgets.
- To design participatory methodologies of involving beneficiaries and partners in project design Contribute in timely and quality reporting on HAI projects (humanitarian and development) demonstrating accountability and learning.
- Must adhere to the charities policies and procedures, e.g. Health & Safety at Work, Freedom of Information Act 2000, Data Protection Act 1998, Equal Opportunities, Employee Handbook, Quality Management System, Investor in People etc. at all times
- Will respect the confidentiality of all matters relating to their employment and other members of staff
- To demonstrate on-going professional development through reflective practice and participation in internal and external development opportunities as evidenced in a Continuing Professional Development portfolio.
- To participate in the appraisal process and ensure that agreed objectives are achieved, taking responsibility for directing own learning and development activities (e.g. private study, e-learning)
- To attend and contribute positively to meetings, conferences and training courses as agreed with the line manager
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, directors and the general public.
- Assist staff in other departments and regions as required in order to facilitate the work of the charity
- Other duties as per the request of the line manager in the interest of the organisation’s objectives
- The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Proven track record in monitoring and evaluation activities for donor-funded initiatives with emphasis on undertaking impact evaluations.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in developing and implementing M&E framework of projects and overseeing the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Excellent research and data analysis skills
- Excellent awareness of community mobilisation methods and knowledge of participatory tools and approaches for assessment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and alone
- Ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritise work to deadlines
- Flexible working approach
- Thorough attention to detail
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft products
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to produce high quality design of documentation.
- Demonstrated understanding of a broad range of development and humanitarian issues.
- Graduate level qualifications in a relevant discipline such as social sciences, development studies etc.
- Ability to travel and spend time overseas
- Commitment to community and social development values
- Tolerant to the views and opinions of others
- Right to work in the UK
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation activities for emergency response projects.
- Knowledge on using GIS, SPSS and other analytical tools.
- Knowledge of additional languages such as Arabic / Urdu
- Knowledge of Islamic charitable giving e.g. Zakat, Qurbani, Waqf, Fitrana, Fidya etc
- Understanding and experience of mainstreaming issues of gender equity, social inclusion.
- A postgraduate in international development or equivalent
How to apply
Please apply before the closing date by sending your CV and covering letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If you do not hear back from us within four weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has not progressed to the next stage of the application process.