Fundraising Co-ordinator (London)
Identifying and managing regional campaigns and ensuring regional fundraising activities are undertaken to contribute towards the organisations strategy and growth.
Working alongside the central office and Director of Fundraising and Communications, this role requires a hands-on activist approach to fundraising. Exploring new innovative fundraising opportunities as well as more traditional events, exhibitions, conferences and dinners.
Include but not limited to;
- Developing, nurturing and maintaining relationships with current/potential donors, charity partners, organisations and businesses, in the region.
- To event manage various fundraising activities including dinners, concerts, speaker tours and conferences.
- Being the main point of contact for the relationship between local organisations and HAI in the region. This will involve negotiating agreements, coordinating events, providing assistance / branding materials and liaising closely with the central Fundraising Department as required.
- Implementing the HAI volunteer strategy in the region. This will include but is not limited to organising events for recruitment, providing training and relevant HAI materials, collecting funds and providing formal feedback to the central Volunteer Officer.
- To motivate and manage a team of volunteers within the fundraising department.
- To achieve, manage and grow a network of volunteers to complement the work.
- Liaising with and providing support to fundraising colleagues.
- Fundraising support as and when required during Ramadan, Living Islam and other key events in the Fundraising calendar.
- To help identify and manage regular and emergency campaigns that can be carried out in the region.
- To ensure regular local activities are undertaken to keep the charity in the public eye.
- To develop new fundraising opportunities such as events, exhibitions, conferences and partnerships in the region.
- To help grow the donor database of the charity.
- To strategically develop the region using networks, key personnel and others to increase HAI presence.
- To recognise, identify and work with key individuals and groups and develop key relationships in the region.
- To introduce new initiatives and campaigns in the region.
- To work within the budget to deliver the goals, aims and objectives set.
- To assist in and contribute towards the development, maintenance and delivery of the charity’s fundraising plan in the region.
- Must adhere to the charities policies and procedures, e.g. Health & Safety at Work, Freedom of Information Act 2000, Data Protection Act 1998, Equal Opportunities, Company Handbook, Quality Management System, Investor in People etc. at all times.
- Will respect the confidentiality of all matters relating to their employment and other members of staff.
- To demonstrate on-going professional development through reflective practice and participation in internal and external development opportunities as evidenced in a Continuing Professional Development portfolio.
- To participate in the appraisal process and ensure that agreed objectives are achieved, taking responsibility for directing own learning and development activities (e.g. private study, e-learning).
- To attend and contribute positively to meetings, conferences and training courses as agreed with the line manager.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, directors and the general public.
- Assist staff in other departments and regions as required in order to facilitate the work of the charity.
- Other duties as per the request of the Finance and Operations Director in the interest of the organisation objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Proven track record in fundraising.
- Proven track record of managing fundraising events and activities.
- Proven track record in events management.
- Substantial experience of planning and managing budget with raising an annual income of up to £250k.
- Minimum of 2 years in similar post.
- Minimum of 2 years experience.
- Proven track record of project management with a minimum of 2 years experience.
- Proven track record of events management with a minimum of 2 years experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to supervise and manage a team & volunteers and work as part of a team and alone.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritise work to deadlines.
- Flexible working approach.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft products.
- Voluntary sector and charitable giving.
- Knowledge of Islamic charitable giving e.g. Zakat, Qurbani, Waqf, Fitrana, Fidya etc.
- Gift Aid knowledge.
- Knowledge of additional languages such as Arabic / Urdu/Bengali & Gujarati.
- Other relevant Fundraising qualification.
- Member of the professional body of Institute of fundraising.
- Other Professional fundraising qualification.
How to apply
Please apply before the closing date by sending your CV and covering letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If you do not hear back from us within four weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has not progressed to the next stage of the application process.