Director of People and Culture
- To lead and elevate Human Appeal enhance its engagement with its people, develop a common culture, live its values and lead the design and delivery of a world-class learning and development approach.
- To lead and champion Human Appeal’s Islamic faith-inspired values of Excellence, Accountability, Transparency, Compassion, Justice, Empowerment, Trust and Respect.
- To design, implement and manage people strategies that attract, develop, engage, support and retain a satisfied, high-performing people in a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
The post holder will work closely with the CEO and other Board of Directors.
Include but not limited to;
- Responsible for cascading and aligning the organisation’s mission, vision and values and direction through the use of clear and articulate communications.
- Translates and implement the organisational strategy and objectives, into organisational service plans and key performance indicators as part of planning and operational processes.
- Ensures relevant, agreed organisational policies are followed and implemented.
Leadership and Management
- Act as a key change agent, reinforcing HA’s mission, vision and values and make informed decisions.
- To promote and oversee the performance management framework, promoting a culture of high performance, continuous improvement, positive communication and teamwork.
People and Culture
- Influence and drive cultural change throughout Human Appeal, working closely with the executive directors’ team to ensure that Human Appeal works in an efficient, proactive and collaborative manner.
- Establish and embed Human Appeal’s values to make it a ‘high performance’ organisation at all levels.
- Develop and implementation of a people strategy and agenda around ensuring attraction and retention of the best-talented people including succession planning and talent pipelining.
- Development and delivery of a world-class learning and development programme.
- Recommending and implementing reward and recognition strategies.
- Monitor and maintain people strategies, systems, processes policies and practices that support the achievement of Human Appeal’s global strategy.
- Regularly benchmark people and cultural approaches across the sector ensuring Human Appeal demonstrates value for money and best practice, whilst also seeking new, creative and sector leading approaches.
- Ensure Human Appeal is compliant with legislation covering people and culture activities and is adhering to best practice.
- Work closely with the CEO and the directors’ team to provide leadership to the organisation as a whole.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic plans of Human Appeal.
- To develop key relationships and ways of working with stakeholder engagement
- External stakeholders, peers in the INGO sector, common interest groups, governments and donors.
- Value practice – a strong commitment to develop, promote and practice HA’s values, vision, mission, and strategy.
- Collaboration – proactively leverage on cross-functional learning.
- To attend and contribute positively to meetings, conferences and training courses as agreed with the CEO
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, directors and other stakeholders.
- Other duties as per the request of the CEO in the interest of the organisation’s objectives.
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven extensive senior management experience in HR, Organisational Development, People development and culture change.
- Proven successful experience of developing and implementing people, culture strategies that has contributed to high performing organisational development.
- The gravitas and ability to influence senior managers and stakeholders.
- Proven experience of successfully leading the development and implementation of strategic goals and KPI framework and the development of reporting in line with the long-term goals of Human Appeal.
- Proven experience to build strong stakeholder relationships and play a strategic role in enabling Human Appeal achieves its potential.
- Proven experience in multi-stakeholder management in a multi-cultural context.
- Listening, learning, empowering and results-oriented leadership style and management practice.
- Excellent communicator with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Commitment to taking pride, “adding value” through delivery of accurate, timely, high quality people, culture support.
- Physical and emotional stamina to work under pressure.
- A commitment to collective leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to speak and communicate in English fluently.
- Ability to influence cross functionally both peers and multiple teams.
- Ability to clearly analyse and articulate the depth of understanding on topic areas in remit.
- Flexible working approach
- Ability to travel up to 16 weeks annually, sometimes at short notice.
- Ability to speak other languages
- Graduate/ Bachelor’s degree
- CIPD Qualified
How to Apply
Please apply before the closing date by sending your CV and covering letter via email to: email@example.com
Note: if you fail to hear back from us within 8 weeks please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.